These forms have been created to demonstrate some of the form-builder capabiklities of MasterForms
MasterForms general use licence:
MasterForms Form Builder (Starter Edition) Joomla Extension (component)
Copyright (C) 2017 MasterForms Mobile & Web (MFMAW)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.
Joomla MasterForms version 1.0.2, Copyright (C) 2017 Gilbert Rehling
Joomla MasterForms comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see COPYRIGHT.php.
MasterForms Mobile & Web, hereby claims all copyright interest in the program
'Joomla MasterForms' written by Gilbert Rehling.
MasterForms (Starter Edition) may strictly only be used for personal or non-commercial purposes.
Gilbert Rehling, 21 April 2017
Gilbert Rehling, President of MFMAW
This is an overview of our MasterForms documentation section. This area provides instructions and information that can be considered common accross all versions and platform centric builds of MasterForms.
The default section contains duplicates of the Inline-Documantation found within the main MasterForms extension.
MasterForms Builder and this site (www.masterformsbuilder.com) is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Joomla! Project™.
Any products and services provided through this site are not supported or warrantied by The Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters, Inc.
Use of the Joomla!® name, symbol, logo and related trademarks is permitted under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters, Inc.
These terms and Conditions will be governed and therefore either limited by or extended by the laws pertaining to the carriage or usage of electronic media in the host country (Australia) or by the country where you are viewing these terms from or are located in. By continuing to use this website and or its subscription-services you, being a subscriber or not, are deemed to be in agreement with the terms-and-conditions found on this (or these) page(s), including our privacy-policy and disclaimer. If you do not agree with any of the information found on this or these page(s) you should discontinue your use of this website and any of its services immediately.
These terms and conditions set out the definitions and rules which will apply to you when you are using or accessing any of our subscription services and the data and or information available via this website using any of domain available for this websites and its services.
Website Content: All data, information, tutorials, support information and all text or other content contained within or on this website which is not the copyrighted property of any other 3rd party is deemed to be the copyrighted property of MasterForms Builder which is a name and domain managed and owned by MasterForms Mobile & Web. No data, text or any form of copyrighted information from this website may be used for any other purpose outside of this websites intended purpose and may not be distributed or used by any electronic or other types of media without the explicit consent of MasterForms Mobile & Web or its individual copyright owner.
Our subscription services currently have four different levels of usage levels. These are as follows:
1) 'Free' which defines a subscription service or application available for no cost to the user but with certain programmatic and functional limitations and is available only for non-commercial usages and shall not be used on any website which engages in a monetary based service of any kind.
2) 'Private' which defines a subscription service or application which has the same conditions as the 'Free' service but has certain limitations removed and requires a monthly subscription fee the cost of which is defined on other pages within our website.
3) 'Business' which defines a subscription service or application which has the same conditions as the 'Free and Private' service and removes the restriction of commercial usage allowing its usage on monetary based websites and further removes limitations in programmatic functionality by allowing multiple instances of the service or application to be created for usage on as many webpages as desired within one (1) domain as one (1) host-name only and also requires a monthly subscription fee the cost of which is defined on other pages within our website.
4) 'Enterprise' which defines a subscription service or application which has the same conditions as the 'Business' service and extends its usage by allowing usage on up to twelve (12) individual domains or host-names. This defines the 'Enterprise' service as the equivalent of 12 'Business' level subscriptions and also requires a monthly subscription fee the cost of which is defined on other pages within our website.
Subscription Service Payment Variation: The three (3) previously mentioned paid subscription services ('Private, Business and Enterprise') all have a twelve (12) monthly subscription service available, the costs of which are also defined on other pages within our website. MasterForms Builder also offer variations on the subscription payments on request from current subscribers only (you must have a subscription to request variation)
Acceptable Use: It is a condition of these terms that all subscribers, regardless of the level they subscribe to adhere to these following rules, and that he/her accepts that some rules may be regarded as conditional upon the laws of the country that directly governs their usage of electronic media services and of the internet and that the rules set forth herein are not final and should be considered a minimal guideline of acceptable use of the subscription services provided by the website and domain under joomlamasterforms.com and under masterformsbuilder.com their subsequent sub-domain hosts.
1) A subscriber may not at any time attempt to use or circumvent the programmatic functions available to a subscription level which is higher that the level to which they are subscribed.
2) A subscriber may not at any time access or attempt to access and information belonging to another subscriber unless it is by the means provided by the software within this subscription service or by the subscribers own website where their popup data is made available by them to the general public.
3) A subscriber may not access their account after cancelling or reversing their initial subscription payment before it has been processed. As matter of courtesy we give subscribers access to their subscription immediately upon subscribing with an allowance of 24 hours for processing of their subscription payments.
4) A subscriber may cancel their subscription at any time using the 'Un-Subscribe' button which is available and always visible after logging in to their account and accessing the users admin area. The un-subscribe process will prevent any further automatic subscription payments from being processed after their monthly period has expired. Their account will be reduced to the 'Free' subscription type and any Pop-Up instance created with a higher level will become unavailable for viewing on their website or websites.
5) All 'Free' level subscribers can at any time upgrade their subscription which will begin at the date which the upgraded and consequently be re-billed on that date every month from then forward.
6) All subscription levels should use the references to available support according to their subscription levels as set-out in the support section of this website. There are variations in the expected acceptable levels of support available to each level of subscribers with the minimum level being applied to the 'Free' subscription holders.
7) Visitors to this website are welcome to create an account to be able to communicate with other users via our Forum but will not be abale to request any type of direct-support at all unless they are a participating subscriber, meaning that they have completed the setup processes and are using our application on a valid publicly visible website and or domain host.
8) All data entered by subscribers will always remain the copyrighted property property of the subscriber that places, uploads or copies the information into their accounts storage facilities for use within the subscription service aplications for which they have subscribed.
MasterForms is being continuously developed for several CMS platforms and frameworks. We are also building an online service targeting business users specifically for the pupose of rich-form generation.
At this moment, we only have versions completed for Joomla ®. You may select a download directly from the download-module on this website, or you may visit our Joomla! MasterForms download page here
These details compliment the information provided in the Feature Set Comparison page
- In the MasterForms Form Builder, there is no limit to the amount of forms you can create. Create one or create a hundred. The Form List has effective filtering and search functions, making it easy to find existing forms in both the Front-End and Back-End views.
- The Field Builder incorporates a full compliment of HTML5 compatible attributes which can be applied to any field you create.
- MasterForms includes custom field types to easily include text content, web links, images and more. All of the 'special field types' found in Joomla!® are also present, as well as a series of 'custom field type' to assist you in creating rich form content.
- There is built in Country list data to enable the simple creation of a Country selectors and a growing number of State/County lists to use when creating address form elements.
- Multiple language support, with most popular languages now incorporated and many more coming. Front and Back end language packages included.
- Actions to set/add additional repeatable fields, show one row of a particular field, and by selecting an 'Add More' button another repeating field appears. Useful for form where an unknown quantity of a particular element need to be entered.
- All generated forms are W3C compliant, using Labels for all form elements. Labels can also be 'hidden' to allow for streamlined forms where only the form fields are visible. Useful for creating small forms or where space is limited.
- All forms generated in the form-builder have their own set of optional parameters. These parameters enable overriding of global settings and allow each form the be individually controled and manipulated outside of the default behavior.
- MasterForms like all good Joomla!® components has a powerful, detailed and well documented Configuration Options. These include General, Optional fields, Form and Data views options, Data submission option, Access, Remote content and Permissions. These configuration offer powerful variations to the behavior of the forms and their submitted data. Over time there will no doubt be further improvements and additions to this section as the varied implementations of MasterForms increases.
- MasterForms is currently only available for Joomla!®, however, versions for WordPress and Drupal are currently under development. As our initial need for this component was borne in the Joomla! environment such has been our intial focus. A 'Stand Alone' version is also well under development and will probably be the next available version. This will enable MasterForms to be incorporated into many types of website formats with little or no coding required.
- Forms are placed in categories, albeit the default category. This assists in the organisational process of managing access to forms.
- MasterForms Pro has 'multi level' category capabilities enabling forms to be organised, filtered and searched by Parent and or Sub Category. This feature is only available in the Pro version. Using the component option or individual form-parameters you can choose to hide category filters, names and or titles. This helps in customising the view to suit you needs.
- MAsterForms is one of the few Form Builders that enables you to quickly and easily edit or alter any previously generated element. This includes all Field information and attributes, Form elements such as Fieldset titles, Form titles or Categorys. Absolutely everything that is generated by the builders can be edited without a fuss. Remember, 'no' coding skills are required to use MasterForms Form Builder.
- With MasterForms you can quickly and easily create Menu links to any Form, Form Lists, or saved Data items or Data Lists, All lists can be linked via category and options to include a Form below a Data Lists can also be enabled when linking to lists. A good example is the Testimonials section on this website.
- MasterForms code comes packaged with a set of pre-generated forms which can be used immediately after initial configuration. Installation is optional, allowing you to start with a clean slate if you wish to.
- The MasterForms component has a substantial Inline Help system within the components Back-end. Apart from an abundance of Tool Tips, both the Field and Form builders have complementary 'builder assistants' that provide live and changing information depending on the element that you have in focus. The Inline help section is also quite substantial and being constantly updated between versions.
- Free access is available to our support forum and online help. Purchasers of the Pro Version or Premium Support are automatically subscribed to our Forum. Users of the Start version will be required to manually register for Forum access. Newsletter subscriptions are also optional available for all registered users.
- Premium support packages are available for users of either system. These packages include 'but are not limited to' assistance with CSS customisation to help fit the form(s) look and feel into your template design. Premium Support includes an 'automatic updates' subscription key for the Starter version. These subscription can be purchased in blocks of 3 Months or Yearly.
- Automated Inline Help is a function that seamlessly updates the Inline Help data in the components Back-end. This functionality is only available in the Pro version and can be disabled if so desired, and if so, can be triggered manually when there is an indication that updates are available.
- MasterForms is equipped with an Inline Bug Reporting tool. This feature is only available via the components back-end, and can be triggered from any page. It primary function is to report problems directly from the page where the bug occurred, and then sends relevant data back to the developers to enable a quick-fix to be instantiated. This tool can also be used as a feature request function, directly indicating the page for the suggested feature.
- MasterForms Pro allows automatic updates via the Joomla!® extension manager. Users of the Starter Version receive an 'update subscription key' if they purchase the Premium Support package, or they can upgrade to the Pro Version at any time, and do so without losing any previously generated forms or saved data.
- MasterForms Pro contains functionality to generate forms directly from a Database table in Joomla!®. This provides a quick shortcut way to create forms for yous websites data needs. The form(s) can then be 'actioned' to POST data directly to the dB table which the form was derived from. All forms in both versions of MasterForms can be made to POST data to any URL. Default behavior is for submitted data to be saved within the masterforms data table.
|Create an unlimited number of forms||Yes||Yes|
|Complete set of HTML5 field types and attributes||Yes||Yes|
|Generate forms with mixed content including information blocks or images||Yes||Yes|
|Pre defined data blocks for creating 'automatically populated' select lists||Yes||Yes|
|Multi Lingual support with English GB as the default, CN and DE coming soon||Yes||Yes|
|Repeatable field types, enables 'single click' repetition of sets of fields||Yes||Yes|
|Forms are W3C compliant, using Labels for every form elements||Yes||Yes|
|Each generated form has its own optional set of parameters||Yes||Yes|
|The MasterForms component has a substantial Options configuration section||Yes||Yes|
|MasterForms is being developed for a multitude of CMS application||Yes||Yes|
|Categories for easy placement of instances of forms via Joomla menus||Yes||Yes|
|Configuration options to hide/show category filters, names and titles||Yes||Yes|
|Quickly and easily edit or alter any previously generated form element||Yes||Yes|
|Quickly and easliy create Menu links to any form form-list, data-list or saved data||Yes||Yes|
|MasterForms is packaged with a set of default (pre-generated) usable forms||Yes||Yes|
|Substantial Inline Help system within the components backend||Yes||Yes|
|Free access to our support forum and online help||Yes||Yes|
|Premium support packages available - includes updates for the Inline help section||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic updates via the Joomla!® extension manager||Yes||Yes|
|PDF generation of any the saved (submitted) data||Yes||Yes|
|Multi level categories with parent and sub-categorys||No||Yes|
|Full control over the 'destination PATH' for all types of file uploads||No||Yes|
|Automated on-demand Inline Help section updating system||No||Yes|
|Inline Bug Reporting tool in the components backend||No||Yes|
|Generate forms directly from a Database table in Joomla!®||No||Yes|
|Multiple Step (multiple page) form generation||No||Yes|
|Multiple Stylesheets and CCS (stylesheet) editing capability||No||Yes|
|PDF version generation of any MasterForms form||No||Yes|
More detailed information can be found here.
This 'feature set' is by no means a complete listing of all the capabilitys of the MasterForms component. There are simply too many to list on one page. By studying our 'System Specific' support pages you can gain a better understanding of the full capabilities of our components.
Thank you for visiting MasterForms, the most 'User Friendly' form builder for Joomla!®. MasterForms is much more than just a form-builder. It also serves as a data capture and containment system, and as a data display component.
With MasterForms installed, you can quickly create rich forms, link to them in the menu manager, capture the submitted data and integrate the data directly into your website content. There are many options available for viewing forms and submitted form-data via component or module. These options include but are in no way limited to 'public or registered' access. With MasterForms you can produce complex forms with many sections (fieldsets) and dozens of fields, and all fields embrace full use of HTML5 attributes.
Using the included module you can display a form or forms-list anywhere within the content areas defined in your templates. MasterForms is packaged with several default forms which you can start using as soon as you install the component. These include a 'dropin' replacement for the Contact Us form, Login/Out and more, and, when combined with the included form module, your forms can be placed anywhere within your website. Unlike the standard 'contact' form, submitted data is captured and retained in the database, giving you the ability to review submissions at a later time.
MasterForms forms are W3C compliant, and have been designed and coded to maximise access by screen readers. All code is thoroughly tested and debugged and produces absolutely 'no errors', and, our HTML and CSS in validation ready.
There are two versions of MasterForms being developed. Our Free 'Starter Version' is now available in several configurations and our 'Pro Version' is near completion. To see a chart detailing the differences between the two versions, Click Here.
Our form-builder component has a well documented 'Inline-Tutorial' section and loads of dynamic Inline-Help. The MasterForms component has been designed to enable anyone with little or 'no' experience in programming or HTML to build well defined rich forms in a very short time. In fact, our help system is so good, you will probably gain a basic knowledge of HTML just by using the builder tools.
All of the 'Forms' contained within this website have been generated by MasterForms. You may notice that some forms are 'clones' of existing standard Joomla forms. This allows you to maintain full control of the style and format of all forms on your website and also allows all of your forms to follow the same design pattern, look and feel.